Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 4: Siblings

Well, this blog project thing was supposed to get me into posting everyday for thirty days so I would post more frequently when it was over, buuuut I kinda failed at that already, I guess. In my defense, I was super, duper tired and had to work my brain like mad to even start to talk in real life in a way that made even a stitch of sense. Writing down things in a way that wouldn't leave people exiting out of this tab, scratching their heads was NOT going to happen. BUT I am all rested now (after about twelve hours of sleep last night), so I might be able to make some kind of sense in this entry. I'll give it a shot, at least.

Today's entry is Day Four of the project, which means I get to write about my siblings. This also means it could turn out to be another long piece of writing, because I have four wonderful women to talk about who are lucky enough to be my sisters. Wait. I mean... I'm lucky enough to have them for my sisters. Yeah. I think that's how I'm supposed to say it. I'm going to be honest and say how nervous I am to write this, because, well, I know I won't be able to do them justice when I try to tell you about them and all their wonderfulness. I'm also excited, though, because I get to tell others (and possibly them) some of the things I think about them. So, it's kind of a weird feeling.

Anyways, enough with the ranting about my random feelings. On to talking about the sistahs!


Liz- My Inspiration To Be Successful

First up is my oldest sister, Liz. She also happens to be one of the people I look up to the most in my life, which is, really, how it has always been. Every year, though, I find myself admiring her more or in a different way, because I learn more about who she is or I realize something new that just increases her awesome points. I think the thing that I find myself admiring the most about her is the fact that she just keeps going with everything, even though there have been some major bumps in her life's road. Probably what helps her is her insane brain that holds more knowledge and understanding of things than most other people I have met. Because of her drive to keep going and her mad intelligence, she keeps going back to school to learn more and do more while teaching college courses. And she still kicks major arse in the classes, too. She is incredibly successful in everything she does, which is why I think of her when I feel like quitting. Liz really is my inspiration to be successful.

Tori- My Inspiration To Be Smart
Next is my older stepsister, Tori. Tori and have never really been all that close, but that's not the fault of either one of us. We just never really got to see each other too often. Despite this, though, Tori still has had an impact on my life. Whenever I think of her, I think of one of the memories I have of her. See, it was before her dad and my mom got married, so they were still out in Linden, and we were visiting. I think the rest of us were outside doing something stupid (it was the norm for us, especially Cami and me), but Tori was inside, watching the Leonardo DiCaprio version of Romeo and Juliet... While reading the lines from her book. She may have even complained about the fact that they didn't follow it word for word, which made me laugh. Tori also knows more random facts than a person should know, which I always found to be amazing. Because of this, Tori is my inspiration to be smart.

Cami- My Inspiration To Be Awesome


After Tori is Cami, my younger step sister (who is really only a few months younger than I am). You may remember my little thing about Cami from Day One of the project (June 18, 2010), but I didn't really write much about her. I actually said very, very little. She is kind of...well, she's really difficult to describe. Not because I don't know or like her, but because she is an individual and unspeakably awesome. She's crazy, smart, and herself. She's not afraid to be who she is, which is what makes her so awesome. When we were younger, she cut her hair short, like, "boy short," which is a little out there for third/fourth grade girls. But she totally rocked it, because she liked it, and she had the confidence to not really give a flying rat's arse if anyone else did. On top of this, she has an insane amount of creativity and a great eye for art, which is why she is going to be successful in her career choice: photography. I have always admired Cami for being herself and so insanely awesome, and I still do to this day. Cami truly is my inspiration to be awesome.

Annie- My Inspiration To Be My Best


Finally, there is Annie, my youngest sister. She is four years younger than I am, but she can act both more mature and more child-like than her actual age. On top of this, she is always trying to be the best she can possibly be. She never swears, because she thinks it's very wrong; she always thinks the best about everyone; and she always believes what you say, because she thinks people are just good in general. Although she can be child-like in many ways, Annie is, like all my other sisters, unbelievably inteligent and good at basically everything. We have also been through a lot together. One of the things being our parents divorce, which, of course affected our whole lives. It caused so many different emotions that were not fully understood by such young children, that we were forced to lean mostly on just each other. She even wrote a poem about it for her English class this year. The thing I love and admire the most about Annie, though, is how kind and understanding she is to everyone, no matter what wrong they have done to her in the past. She also works hard and kicks major butt in school. Because of all of this, plus more, Annie is my inspiration to be my best.


I love all my sisters an insane amount, and, as you might be able to see, they basically make up who I am and what I believe. Without them being who they are, pieces of who I am and how I do things would be missing, and I just would not be whole.

Thank you, sisters, for being you. For being amazingly awesome.

Chelsea

No comments: