Friday, June 18, 2010

Blog Project Day 1: Best Friend(s)

Today is the first day of my blog project to get me into the swing of even having a blog. It also happens to be a difficult topic for me to start with, because I am lucky enough to have many best friends. I cannot choose just one who deserves to have a letter/blog for them. So, after a little bit of thought, I have decided I am going to write mini letters/blogs for all of my best friends inside one giant letter, because it was the only way I could think of to be kind of organized while still telling them how important they are.

I also give you permission to skip through this entry, because the letters might get a little too Nicholas Sparks sappy for some of you (including myself).

And now, without further ado...

My Dearest and Most Amazing Best Friends,
I know I never tell you how much you mean to me, but that's because words cannot describe how important you are to who I was, am, and will be.
Throughout the years, you have all seen me at my lowest and highest points, but you have never failed to be there for me 100%. At the times I am at my happiest, it is almost always because of you. Even when it's not directly from talking to or seeing you, the chances are great that you gave me the inspiration and drive to help me achieve something that could cause so much happiness. At the times I am at my worst, you always find a way to bring up my spirits, even if just for a moment of relief. Helping with both sides of the spectrum of emotions can take a lot out of people, and it requires a lot of responsibility. I cannot thank you enough for taking on such responsibilities. Without you, who knows what kind of person I would be right now (even if I am not happy, happy, HAPPY all the time :P)?
Individually, I hope you all know what you have done for me. If you don't, well, I'm about to tell six of you. :)


Heather, you have known me since middle school, and you still stuck around with me when you thought I hated you and even later when I "took your solo." Later, you were my college roommate for a whole school year. How you even managed to stick with me all this time, I will never know. There is also the fact that you pushed me in music by challenging me and making me want to improve. Had it not been for you (and your mad skillz which I still cannot beat even when I try my absolute hardest), my level of musicianship would have remained the same all throughout school.
Cami, you have stuck with me since your dad and my mom met up again, started dating, and then got married June of our fourth grade year. How anyone can remain not only a sister, but a fantastic friend of mine for that many years baffles me, but I cannot imagine my life without you in it. Having you all the way in Colorado has been difficult, but the memories we have (some more embarrassing than others) never fail to put a smile on my face, and you still managed to help me through rough times this past year.
Lizz, you are one of the most child-like nineteen-year-olds I have ever met, but that is what I love about you. Having a friend who is still so in touch with her child self keeps me in touch with who I am and what is really important. Not to mention the fact that it makes you even more fun to be around. I know that if I ever want to watch cartoons or classic Disney movies, you are absolutely the person to call. Having someone like you brings light into my life when things appear to be nothing but dark. That is something that I will always need.
Emily, you are one of the most hilarious people I know, because you have such a unique humor. I was going to use "sarcastic" to describe it, but it is so much more than that. It's a mix of sarcasm and (playful) mean-ness that only you appear to be able to pull off. There have been times when it was the only thing successful in lifting up my mood. You also give spectacular advice when I come to you or just need your help. Without you in my life, there would be much less laughter, which means more saddness than should be allowed.
Alexa, you are one of the kindest and most understanding people I know. I have been able to talk to you about many things, and you have listened (and taken my side -high five-), while being understanding. When I was having one of my most difficult times, you were there for me completely, always listening with an open heart and ears. Without having you there for me at that time, who knows what would have happened with those emotions or what place I would be in today? Stephanie, you are an insanely hilarious and kind person. There were never times that I was with you and not enjoying myself. Although it has been about a year since I last saw you, I still frequently think of you and the fun times you, Heather, and I had, and they always make me smile, no matter what. You impacted my humor (made me slightly more sarcastic and more used to sarcasm) and who I am as a person. Without you, my life would have lacked so many important and amazing things.

Best Friends, I love you all dearly, and I cannot imagine my life without any of you. All of you have helped me more times than is necessary, and for that, I will always be in debt to you. Thank you, all of you, for everything you have ever done for me, whether you know it or not. I only hope that I will be able to repay some of my debt to you some day in our lives and show the same kind of love, support, and kindness you have shown me.

Chelsea

3 comments:

Spin said...

"sarcasm and (playful) mean-ness"

That has to be the Emily from Ohio.

Chelsea Delaney said...

@Spin Haha. You are correct. Ohio thing?

Elizabeth Joyce said...

I'd like to say, I almost teared up. I love being a child. And I love that it's what you love about me.