Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 2: Crush... Plus ROAD TRIP!

Well, tonight's blog is supposed to be about/for my crush.

Unfortunately for this entry (and possibly for the reader if they were looking for some kind of juicy information), I do not currently have any "real" crushes to whom I could write a heart-felt letter confessing my undying nineteen-year-old love like a creepy stalker. I know you might be thinking that I'm lying to get out of revealing my true feelings for someone, but I promise you I'm not. I just have not met anyone lately that I feel that way for.

I've been trying to figure out what to write in place of a letter to my crush, and I had some ideas, but, in all honesty, Reader, I am incredibly tired. In fact, I should already be asleep if I want to get in all eight hours of sleep I need to keep from giving customers dirty looks, but I found this more important.

So, instead, since I already revealed the truth about my feelings, I think I should be able to ramble about other things.

First of all, I want to thank Denise for all the awesome she has been saying about me. I feel like I gain a butt load of suh-weetness points whenever she mentions me on Twitter, so being mentioned in her blog last night was beyond coolness. She is one of the most talented, rad, and... Gah! It was just beyond awesome. To have someone I am a fan of say she's a fan of me is just more than I can take. :D

Second of all (and probably last of all, too, due to my level of tired), I wanted to write about yesterday (well, Friday), because it was one of the best days I've had in a a while, and it was really needed. Some of my friends and I decided to go on a mini road trip to Holland, Michigan for the day. The drive was about two hours, and we were all crammed into a truck. But we made it LOADS of fun! Emily made signs for us to hold up to drivers passing us as we waved to them...





I must say that some of the best responses came from the truck drivers. Many of them even pulled he horn thingy. THE best one came from a (male) truck driver who honked while Emily was holding up that third picture ("Honk if you like PENIS!"). Once he realized what he had honked about, he started laughing and pointing at us, all embarrassed. It was awesome. We also passed a car filled with four cute Canadian guys. We all love the Canadians, so it was an exciting car to pass by two or three times "on accident." -cough- :)

After the two hour trip, we finally arrived in Holland and got right to walking around downtown. I can't honestly say it's the most interesting place around, but it is cute and the people are all nice. The restaurant we ate at was okay, but I don't think my three cheese panini thing was worth the $7 (it was one of the cheapest things on the menu). We also stopped in an antique store there, and that was pretty cool. I do love antique stores, though, so that could have just been me.

When we were done walking around Holland, the brilliant idea to go to the beach was brought up, so we headed over to the beach, paid $6.00, and stuck our feet in the amazing water. It felt spectacular to be on a beach again. Although I don't love the whole bathing suit thing (never have, really), I have always loved beaches. The sound, the smell, the feel. It's all so... -sigh- Luckily, I live in Michigan, which is filled with lakes, so it's really not that difficult to get to a beach, it's just finding time.

After the beach, we headed to a cheap ice cream place that actually had really delicious ice cream for insanely fair prices. Definitely would live right in that area just for the cheap ice cream and beach combo. :)

When the ice cream was done, we thought we were going to head home, but we ended up heading to Grand Rapids instead, which happens to be where my older sister lives. We got lost. A lot. But, really, only because the GPS didn't know what it was talking about. And, if you have never driven in Downtown Grand Rapids, then you cannot talk, because it is confusing, especially if you're used to my hometown's traffic. After we finally found our way, I got to see my older sister, my nieces (her puppies), and my nephew (her cat) for a few minutes, which put a giant smile on my face.

Our trip in Grand Rapids was cut incredibly short when the weather took a sharp turn for the worse and a storm started. It followed us most of the way home, but we managed to escape most of the worst parts.

Anyways, that took up more time and space than I thought it would, and I don't think I described the awesomness of the trip quite as well as I wish I could have, but hopefully the pictures help with the understanding a little bit.

I am hoping to be in a better state of mind within the next couple of days to actually be able to write without trying to keep my eyes open and my mind awake.

Thanks for sticking around until the end, Wonderful Reader.

I will be seeing you late again tomorrow after work.

Chelsea

P.S. Sorry it's so choppy and horrible writing. Editing does not sound like a good friend right now. =/

3 comments:

Elizabeth Joyce said...

Hi. I went to Holland for a class trip in 5th grade. It was a random place. But it was a super cute town. Guess what? This comment was awkward and unnecessary. :) People aren't going to want to read your posts anymore because of your dumb friend and her pointless comments.

Chelsea Delaney said...

@Elizabeth Joyce You are adorable! People will want to read the blog more now because of that comment. :D

Anonymous said...

You are pretty freakin cool. I just started reading this because I'm about to start blogging a lot. I got some ideas based on what you have been doing so I'm gonna theme off you.
You are SOOOO nice to me :) WOW!
Keep up your good work :)