Thursday, July 1, 2010

(Kinda) Day 5: Dreams

Hi, again, Reader.

I know, I know. It's been a rather long time since my last blog post. Especially because I had said I was going to try to post everyday. I fail at this whole committing to a project online thing. And, really, I thought no one was noticing my lack of posts but me, so I was just going to let it go until I was TRULY inspired and had more than enough time to write, but Mr. Spintown asked me about the absence of posts on my Formspring, which showed someone did notice, so that kind of ruined my thought on the whole thing. It's touching, though, knowing that someone actually realized I wasn't writing. So, thanks (I think?).

One of the reasons it took me forever to post was because Anne got out of school recently, so I've had even less time to myself, because she is QUITE the chatter. I've also had little time when I was actually able to think in a straight line of thought. Like always, my mind has been all over the place. I don't know why I was waiting for anything different to write. It's just how I am. -shrug-

Finally, I didn't know what to write for the topic about dreams.

At first glace, I thought about my nightmares, my day dreams, my normal dreams. That kind of stuff. But, really, I rarely remember few of those, and they're hardly worth a whole blog post about them.

Instead, I thought talking about my life's dreams would be more "interesting." Also bordering the city lines of Cornville, but I guess any readers of this blog have already heard me go on about my family and friends, so talking about my life's dreams isn't quite as bad. Still does make me shiver and roll my eyes a little bit, though, to be completely honest. I'll still give it a shot just to humor this slightly ridiculous topic.

Let's see. My Dreams.

1. I dream that I will travel to different countries. On the top of that list of countries to visit is Ireland. My ancestors came from there, so I think I should take a little trip there at least once in my life to see where I came from.

2. I dream that I will make some kind of difference. I really don't care if it's a difference for one person or a bunch of people, but I want to make a positive difference in the world. I want to help improve things. I don't know how I'm going to do that quite yet, but I am using this time in my life to gain the education necessary to do something.

3. I dream that I will finally figure out what I want to do with my life to make a living. Yeah. I think that speaks for itself.

4. I dream that I will find someone to spend my life with. Okay. Shush. I know this is kind of stupid and lame, but, hey, I'm just trying to be honest with y'all. I sometimes get slightly nervous that I won't be able to find anyone. But am I going to let it consume my thoughts like a hungry beast until I do finally find someone? Nah. I'm not looking for any kind of sympathy with this number. In fact, I want this to never be spoken of again, if you please. Hopefully, this just shows that I intend to be honest on this blog.

5. I dream that I will improve my musical skills. This, actually, is the dream I've had my whole life, and it's also probably the biggest one on my list. When I was younger, I wanted to be a "Singing Vet." No joke. I wanted to do both. At the same time. Sing the diagnosis of the animal's illness and put on a performance for the client. Eventually, however, the harsh realities of my lack of talent and squeamish stomach set in, so I realized such a career was not possible. I came to terms with this unfortunate truth and decided to just focus on the music part of that dream. True, the talent still lacked, and it still does, but I have been able to continue it successfully as a hobby. I want to keep the hobby and help my skills grow. I have become better at piano and guitar this past year, but I would like to add more instruments to my list, such as drums, bass, and violin. I want to learn more music theory. I want to learn how to actually write music. I want to learn how to record the music properly and work sound. Even though I will never be using any of this knowledge, I want to learn it, because it's just something I think is fun. I will remain realistic in knowing that it will not be my future or my money-maker, but I would like to dream that I can grow in this area of my life.

Aaaand that's basically all, I think. I try to remain realistic with my thoughts and future, so that's why they're not that far out there, but for me, they kind of are. But I think dreams are supposed to be at least a little bit out of reach, which is why you are forced to dream about them. I just happen to fear disappointment more than almost anything*, so I attempt to keep them as close to as in reach as possible.

I do hope that this gave you a little insight into my mind or life? Maybe? If not, that's cool. You (probably) know where to find me. Ask me questions then.

Chelsea.


P.S. Some exciting things happened recently or are going to happen, but I didn't want to write a whole blog about them separately and spam you guys. 1) I am FINALLY going to Ohio Monday until Wednesday to see Stephanie after not seeing her for over a year. I am beyond excited for this! 2) My older sister (Liz) is in town for a couple of days, and that is always loads of fun. 3) I had AMAZING Mexican food tonight, and I definitely ate way too much, but I made it worth the money, because Liz was awesome and ended up paying for me. Woot!


*Except maybe needles.

2 comments:

Spin said...

I prompted you to start again cause I thought "Dreams" would be about me. Ah well, guess I'll wait for Day 7. :p

Chelsea Delaney said...

@Spin Haha. Sorry to disappoint you. At least you were mentioned! It's a big deal to be in this oh so popular blog. :P